JOURNALISM WITH HEART
Hello! I’m Shelby Deering, a nationally-published lifestyle writer, print + digital journalist, and soul-centered storyteller living in Madison, Wisconsin. Over the past 13 years, I’ve followed my dream to do exactly what I love—creating inspiring, well-crafted content for national magazines, regional titles, digital outlets, and trade publications.
I’ve contributed to several print titles, websites, and brand blogs, including Country Living, Good Housekeeping, Architectural Digest, Prevention, Apartment Therapy, The Cottage Journal, Well+Good, Midwest Living, Healthline, Lands’ End Journal, USA Today, Runner’s World, Flea Market Décor, Curbed, At the Lake, Bluprint, Experience Wisconsin, French Style, Cottages & Bungalows, Atomic Ranch, Better Homes & Gardens special interest publications, and many more. I specialize in writing:
- Décor pieces that inspire stunningly-authentic spaces
- Beautiful and immersive home tours
- Uplifting wellness articles to boost minds and spirits
- In-depth profiles of people doing amazing things
- Travel features covering my home state and beyond
- Positive and impactful human-interest stories
- Branded content that weaves together products and lifestyle ideas
When I approach a piece, there’s one word that I always return to—connection. Connection to the topic I’m covering. Connection with each person I interview. And most importantly, connection to a publication’s readers.
Let’s connect today so I can start creating transformative, soulful content for your publication. Or, you can reach out on social media. I’d love to chat!
“The desire to reach for the stars is ambitious.
The desire to reach hearts is wise.”