JOURNALISM WITH HEART
Hello! I’m Shelby Deering, a nationally-published lifestyle writer, print + digital journalist, and soul-centered storyteller living in Madison, Wisconsin. Over the past 17 years, I’ve followed my dream to do exactly what I love—creating inspiring, well-crafted service content for national magazines, regional titles, digital outlets, and trade publications.
I’ve contributed to several print titles, websites, and brand blogs, including Martha Stewart Living, O Magazine, Costco Connection, Parade, TODAY.com, The Pioneer Woman, Real Simple, House Beautiful, Domino, Country Living, Good Housekeeping, Naturally, Danny Seo, Architectural Digest, Prevention, Apartment Therapy, Travel Wisconsin, Destination Madison, Well+Good, MyDomaine, Midwest Living, Healthline, THE WELL, USA Today, Curbed, Lived-In Style, Experience Wisconsin, Cottages & Bungalows, Atomic Ranch, Better Homes & Gardens, and many more. I specialize in writing:
- Décor pieces that inspire stunningly-authentic spaces
- Beautiful and immersive home tours
- Uplifting wellness articles to boost minds and spirits
- In-depth profiles of people doing amazing things
- Travel features covering my home state and beyond
- Positive and impactful human-interest stories
- Branded content that weaves together products and lifestyle ideas
- SEO articles that draw readers in and bring assigned topics to life
When I approach a piece, there’s one word that I always return to—connection. Connection to the topic I’m covering. Connection with each person I interview. And most importantly, connection to a publication’s readers.
Let’s connect today so I can start creating transformative, soulful content for your publication. Or, you can reach out on social media. I’d love to chat!