JOURNALISM WITH HEART
Hello! I’m Shelby Deering, a nationally-published lifestyle writer, print + digital journalist, and soul-centered storyteller living in Madison, Wisconsin. Over the past 18 years, I’ve followed my dream to do exactly what I love—creating inspiring, well-crafted service content for national magazines, regional titles, digital outlets, and trade publications.
I’ve contributed to several print titles, websites, and brand blogs, including Better Homes & Gardens, Martha Stewart Living, Real Simple, Good Housekeeping, USA Today, TODAY.com, AARP the Magazine, Costco Connection, Domino, Parade, Travel Wisconsin, and many more. I specialize in writing:
- Decor pieces that inspire stunningly-authentic spaces
- Beautiful and immersive home tours
- Uplifting wellness articles to boost minds and spirits
- In-depth profiles of people doing amazing things
- Travel features covering my home state and beyond
- Positive and impactful human-interest stories
- Branded content that weaves together products and lifestyle ideas
- SEO articles that draw readers in and bring assigned topics to life
When I approach a piece, there’s one word that I always return to—connection. Connection to the topic I’m covering. Connection with each person I interview. And most importantly, connection to a publication’s readers.
Let’s connect today so I can start creating transformative, soulful content for your publication. In the meantime, I invite you to view my Portfolio to get a feel for my work, meet me through my About page, and learn more about my methods through my Approach + Testimonials page.